Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Just A Thought

It seems like every person I know is going through something fairly major right now in their life. There are people, like myself looking for work, there is my best friend in the battle of her life with cancer, there are people I love beyond measure that are making choices that may not be good for them, there are teenagers and young adults struggling, there is a family we know who has to say goodbye to their daughter this week after she passed away on New Years Day. But with all of that I keep reminding myself that in uncertain time God remains certain. I am so thankful for the message we had a few weeks ago about resting in Him because I sure have needed that reminder a few times over lately.

I have this calendar on my desk and it has bible verses and some quotes on it and today's is from Max Lucado. Funny thing, I flipped it early this morning but didn't really read it until a few minutes ago and it just really was what I needed. Here it is because I wanted to share it because I know so many of us are going through tough times right now....

"Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek His grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest." - Max Lucado

I am praying for all of you and I love you all!

No comments: