Monday, January 19, 2009

2009...Changes Ahead

Well here we are, 2009 and it’s been a month today since I left Abundant Funds. My last day there was December 19 and it was a very emotional day for me, as I knew it would be. That entire week was very hard. It isn’t easy closing out something that has been such a big part of who you are for the last ten years. Yes there were tears, at least a bucket of them as I prepared to leave that day. Opening the door to leave I turned one last time and then exited. I cried all the way home. It’s kind of strange to not have all of that on my mind everyday, not having to think about what has to be done tomorrow or what deadline needs to be met. Yes, I miss it but I am trusting God to show me what HE wants me to do.


So far looking for a job has not been a fun thing. I have posted my resume on several different sites and so far the real only things I have heard were sales jobs. Funny thing is I don’t do sales. I am not a salesperson, never have been and don’t plan to be. There isn’t a single thing in my resume that would lead anyone to think that I have done sales or would be interested; yet I get calls and emails for sales jobs weekly. Other than that the only one nibble that I have had has turned out to be nothing I am afraid. Companies do not want you to come in and fill out applications for the most part. You either need to email, fax or apply through the company website. All of those options are fine since it means I am not burning gas up to go around to all these places.


I supposed I would be depressed at the lack of responses if the job market wasn’t what it is today. There are so many people out there that are looking for work and more and more are losing jobs everyday. I read last week that over 20,000 people in the state of Florida alone applied for unemployment in one day, one day that is unthinkable. So the search goes on.


In all honesty though I am enjoying being at home to some extent. It is nice to be able to do “chores” through the week and not have to do them all on Saturday. Weekends were not very enjoyable for me since usually my Saturday was full of chores and grocery shopping and then Sunday was church, it always felt like my days off were filled with as much work as my workweek was. It is nice to be able to enjoy putting together a meal again instead of hurrying home each night to throw something together. The laundry is generally caught up now as well. So this whole “no job” thing really is not bad except for the loss of income and the fact that I am not around the people I have grown to love so much over the years.


But on to other things…….


So 2009 has already proved that it will be yet another year of change. A week ago Sunday we found out that Pastor Duane, Amy and the boys will be leaving us this year. They will be moving to China to teach English. That is a huge move for them and I am so happy that God has opened this door to them. China has been a huge part of our lives for almost three years now. This summer will make the third year that we have sent a team there to teach English. I am so excited for them and for the doors that this will open. Yet on the other hand it is a bit bittersweet for me as well because I know this will increase the love that my oldest daughter has for the people of China. So we shall see what the next months hold for all of us.


Of course our country is about to undergo a big change tomorrow with the Inauguration of Barack Obama as the president of the United States. I think the days ahead will be interesting as we see what direction God is going to take our country in. We should all remember that God is in control and we are called to pray for our leaders.


So that is my update for now. I am going to try and be better about blogging.


If you think about it please pray for our family as we continue to readjust to the cut in income. Pray for God to show me what HE would have me to do. Pray for our son Nick who is almost 19 and is looking for a job as well.


Thanks and I will talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness
of precious familiarity about unpredicted emotions.



my website ... Saphire Ecigs