Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Today is the day we set aside to give thanks for all we have in our lives. Giving thanks and being thankful is something we should be every day.

Personally I have so much to be thankful for. I have a husband who God has blessed me with and three incredible children. Both my parents are still alive and I have a mother-in-love who is amazing. I am blessed with a brother and a sister and many brothers and sisters by marriage. I have more nieces and nephews than I can count without sitting down and writing them all down. My church family is amazing and they never cease to amaze me. I am also blessed to have many children by “heart”, those who I have watched grow over the years and love as they are my own.

Today, in an ever-growing bad economy both Tim and I are blessed with jobs. My job is more to me than a job. I consider myself one of those rare people who truly love their jobs and the people that they work with. I can honestly say that they are more family to me than employers. Many times I have said that God plopped me down at my job because He knew how much I needed it. It has grown me in many ways and while it isn’t always easy and things are sometimes very hard, it is what I love and I believe I am right where God wants me.

I am thankful for the laughter that often fills my house. Yes, at times it can get a bit crazy around here, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. Our children are only here with us for a short span of time and I want to enjoy every minute of it. There is nothing sweeter to a mothers ear than her children’s laughter. Yes, sometimes it is loud and sometimes it can be a bit much but it’s all good. I firmly believe they will look back on these days and smile and remember when their own children are their ages now how important it is to allow your home to be open to their children and their friends.

My church means so much to me. I am fully blessed beyond measure to have a place where I can go and worship and learn about God. It is there that I find the ones, who think like I do and who are there to encourage, uplift and love.

Above everything I am thankful for my salvation, a gift from God. I am so thankful that we have a loving God, who in spite of our failures and faults loves us unconditionally. I am thankful for a God whose grace goes beyond what any of us can imagine.

I suppose I could write for hours about all that I have to be thankful for but instead I would like to close with this….

There is so much bad with the world that we live in. We are all faced with having to make cutbacks that we didn’t dream of having to do a year or two ago. Many of our loved ones have lost their jobs and homes. So many people are struggling just to make ends meet. We could choose to complain about it all day long, and it wouldn’t do any good at all. What we must do however is remember that in a very uncertain world we have one very certain thing and that is God. His promises and His word hold true no matter how bad the economy or the world gets. I serve a certain God who already knows how all of this is going to work out and for that I am very thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: